To contribute to the preservation and promotion of Bhutan's historical and cultural heritage and in so doing also support the social and economic well-being of the local community.
Objectives of the organization
- Preserve and maintain the original buildings, temples and structures of the Ogyen Choling complex
- Facilitate and support the performance of traditional religious rituals and cultural observances of the local community
- Maintain and manage a museum through which current and future generations can learn about Bhutan's religious, cultural and architectural heritage
- Create employment opportunities for the local people and market for local agricultural produce and handicraft products
- Provide grants to disadvantaged families and individuals within the community in times of need, and to deserving children to pursue education or training at all levels.
Scope of activities
- To maintain and manage a museum through which current and future generations can learn about Bhutan's cultural and traditional heritage
- To provide a place for scholars and those interested in studying or carrying out research in the field of religion or culture
- To uphold and support the performance of religious rituals and traditional practices and observances of the local community
- To generate employment opportunities for the community and create a market for local agricultural produce and handicraft products
Geographical areas of operation
Tang Gewog, Bumthang dzongkhag, some activities will have wider scope.
Description of the beneficiaries
- The community of Ogyen Choling through access to the temple and from economic benefits (employment, market) deriving from the activities of the foundation
- Visitors to the museum and temples, these will include pilgrims, students, tourists and others wishing to learn about the history and culture
- Disadvantaged families and individuals who benefit from scholarships and other grants;
- Students of schools in Tang benefiting from support provided to the schools.
Ogyen Choling Foundation,